the Church of Saint Benedetto
On 18th September 1532, with a document issued by the Bishop of Brescia Francesco Cornelio, was granted to the Municipality of Limone sul Garda a resident priest and a baptistery where today is the Church Saint Benedetto. In addition to caring for the spiritual life of the faithful and the church, the parish also holds the historical archives of the Community as until the second half of the nineteenth century Parish priests were entrusted with registering baptisms, marriages and deaths. The parish church was built in 1691 by Andrea Pernis from Como on the ruins of a former Roman basilica that appears to date from before the 11th century and was mentioned in Urbano III’s Papal Bul in 1186. Until today the holy Mass is held there. The bell tower was renovated in the winter of 2006-07. Inside the church you will find masterpieces of ecclesiastical art dating back to the 16th century. In this church the famous missionary and bishop Saint Daniele Comboni was baptized.